Acne can affect adults as well as teenagers and for many, the condition can bring emotional stress as well as lack of confidence and self-esteem. Adult acne differs markedly from the condition in teens years and needs to be addressed accordingly. In teenage acne, several tiny bumps, blackheads or whiteheads can appear on the surface of the skin on areas such as the forehead, chest and back; a result of hormonal changes during puberty. Adult acne usually appears as larger nodules or inflamed papules on these areas. The finer, smaller bump of teenage acne can still appear but are not as common.
Adult Acne Treatments in London
At Skin Perfection in the heart of London, we understand that adult acne can be a life-long struggle to control and can cause embarrassment and suffering to those who experience this condition. When prescribed medication is not enough to combat the effects of adult acne and subsequent scarring of the skin through adult acne, we can offer several proven and highly-effective treatments in-clinic to combat, calm and control adult acne, so you can live your life with confidence:
- Laser photo-facial skin rejuvenation This treatment can drastically improve the skin’s tone and texture for a range of conditions including adult acne and acne scarring, with minimal downtime. The treatment uses a device which emits specially formulated beams of light in to the skin, repairing and calming damage whilst killing the bacteria that causes adult acne breakouts for a smoother, clearer complexion.
- LED light therapy This pain-free, relaxing treatment addresses the causes and symptoms of acne including inflammation, irritation and bacteria; either as part of our specialised ‘four-stage process’ or as a booster to any other procedure. LED light therapy offers no downtime and no side-effects and many patients comment that this treatment is perfect for those who need a soothing therapy and some time away from their busy lives to kick back and unwind.
- Medical microdermabrasion This treatment is a deeply-penetrating and resurfacing procedure to clean blocked and congested pores. It sloughs away dead skin cells, dirt and debris as well as excess sebum from the skin, revealing a cleaner complexion and regulating oil production. There is very downtime and the treatment can be tailored to your specific skin condition or concern.
- Microneedling This popular treatment uses tiny needles to puncture the skin and promote a healing response. It is available as a stand-alone treatment or part of our specialised ‘four-stage process’ to help reduce open pores and acne scarring, using Dermafrac (an electrical device offering minimal downtime) or Dermaroller (a manual device which offers slightly longer downtime).
- Skin peels or resurfacers Using specially formulated natural acids to improve skin texture and redefine pores, our skin peels are available in different strengths to be tailor-made to your specific condition. Skin peels sweep away dead skin cells and dirt as well as excess oils from the skin. They regulate sebum production and encourage new cell turnover so that the skin appears clearer and less congested. Skin peels can also improve acne scarring, reduce pigmentation and even out the skin’s tone and texture.
You don’t have to suffer in silence if you experience adult acne. At Skin Perfection London, we have a wealth of experience in successfully treating the condition with our range of tried and tested treatments. With a range of adult acne treatments available, it’s a better time than ever to address your concerns.
For more information or to book a no obligation consultation where we can create a bespoke treatment plan for your acne, contact our friendly team today