With the change of weather your skin needs more attention and care. Cold weather can be harsh and dry air will draw the moisture from the skin. Winter weather can intensify some existing skin conditions or even cause new ones from acne to dry, itchy skin.
It’s important to consult your skin practitioner who can advise you on a winter season skincare routine and adjust your skin care to keep your skin healthy and hydrated through the colder months.
- Use lukewarm water instead of hot water that can dry out the skin and wash away natural oil from the skin. And limit your time spent in the bath/shower to avoid your skin loosing moisture.
- Stay away from soaps that contain alcohol, deodorant and alcohol products that can strip away natural oils.
- To reduce trauma to the skin stay away from scrub brushes, baths sponges and tray to blot or pat ( don’t rub) when towel drying your skin.
- Moisturize – Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or after washing your hands. This helps plug the spaces between your skin cells and seal in moisture while your skin is still damp. Use hyaluronic acid to retain water in the skin.
- Keep the moisture going – Use a humidifier in the winter. Set it to around 60%, a level that should be sufficient to replenish the top layer of the epidermis and drink 2-3 liters water /day.
- No scratching – Most of the time, a moisturizer can control the itch. You can also use a cold pack or compress to relieve itchy spots.
- Sunscreen 365 days of the year – Use sunscreen in the winter as well as the summer to prevent photoaging.
- Take care when removing the hair – When shaving, use a shaving cream or gel and leave it on your skin for several minutes before starting.
- Laundry – Use fragrance-free laundry detergents and avoid fabric softeners.
- Clothing – Certain fabrics such as wool can irritate the skin, if possible avoid wearing these.
To discuss your skin concerns, why not contact our friendly team and arrange a virtual consultation. All that from the comfort of your own home?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you will be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
Following your assessment your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan. During your first meeting you will receive all the information and knowledge you will need to keep your skin healthy.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.