To prevent a range of skin conditions and to keep your skin firm and healthy it’s in your best interest to keep your skin hydrated at all times. But how to increase skin hydration? And why?
Having a hydrated skin will help you reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by improving your skin’s elasticity. Not only that, but also hydration prevents your skin from getting breakouts which can be the result of dry skin. Yes, that’s right. Breakouts can happen when you have dry skin as well as oily skin.
What is hydration?
Hydrating your skin means you’re increasing its water content. When your skin lacks water it’ll become dry, flaky and dull. You’ll see dark circles forming around your eye area or notice puffy eyes. Dehydrated skin can cause itchiness and can lead to dry skin.
But when your skin is hydrated it’ll present a smooth, glowing and even canvas. You won’t have to worry about those dark circles, or the appearance of lines and wrinkles too early.
Our expert practitioners at Skin Perfection London has listed the most important steps on how to increase your skin’s hydration;
- Drink your water – To hydrate your skin, you’ll have to hydrate your body. Depending on your activities and body type make sure your drink the recommended amount of water each day. This’ll have other great benefits to your health too.
- Eat foods that are rich in water – These are mainly fruits and vegetables, that’ll have great benefits to your skin anyway because of their vitamin content.
- Add hyaluronic acid to your daily skincare – A water based serum, that helps locking water in your skin. It can penetrate deep into your skin to deliver moisture to your cells faster than any other ingredient. Other great benefits of HA is improved elasticity.
- Treat yourself to a mask night – After toning introduce a “at home treatment mask” that contains special fruity acids and packed with hydrating ingredients. These will naturally exfoliate your skin and refine your pores. And they’ll also remove unwanted build up of congestion for a smoother glowing complexion.
- Never skip your sunscreen – Always be sure to check your SPF! A good SPF should NOT be a Chemical Sunscreen that you may find in the department store. Or online. But a Physical SPF containing Zinc and Titanium, which protects the skin instantly and reflects both UVA and UVB. The Sun can dehydrate your skin. Which can lead to loss of moisture and breakdown of collagen( which is responsible for elasticity). Without a doubt this is the most important part of your skincare. And of course a crucial step to prevent skin cancer!
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you will be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
Following your assessment a personalised treatment plan will be recommended to address your skin concerns. During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.