Knowing your skin type will ultimately save you pain, time and money. If you’re using the wrong product it may compromise your skin. Especially if you suffer from severe skin conditions. Remember what works for some may not be the best option for your skin. Therefore your really need to seek professional advice on how to take care of sensitive skin.
What is a sensitive skin?
Do you easily develop rashes? And notice dry patches or flakiness? Or you might be on the opposite end of the scale? Where you’ve oily skin and you’re prone to breakouts, redness and itchiness? Sounds like you’ve a sensitive skin type.
Sensitive skin isn’t a disease, but more like a symptom of a condition you may suffer from. These aren’t usually serious and can be treated with a consistent skincare. Or in severe cases with clinical treatments along with your daily skin routine. Which is everything we can offer you at Skin Perfection London. In a very few cases you may need to seek advice from your GP who can give you prescription medication or steroid creams.
The conditions that cause sensitive skin can be any of one of the following; eczema, psoriasis, acne, dry skin, rosacea, redness or dermatitis. But sensitive skin can also happen after you suffer damage to the skin that can’t heal properly. These damages can be brought on by cold winter or hot summer weather. And you can also damage your skin by over exfoliating. Or even using steroids that will thin the skin and leave you with a damaged barrier. Unless you repair and renew the barrier your skin will remain sensitive.
How to take care of sensitive skin?
- Pick your products carefully – Avoid products that contain fragrance and even the ones that are antibacterial as they contain drying ingredients such as alcohol. Instead you should opt for skin care that’s rich in moisturisers to keep your skin balanced. During the cold winter months especially make sure you keep your skin hydrated and moisturised.
- Be cautious of products that include natural and organic ingredients. Some of these may be still rich in fragrance that can irritate your skin.
- Use testers – If you’re prone to react to skin care, you should apply it first on a small patch of your skin and test for at least 72 hours for any possible flare ups or reaction. If your skin tolerates the product well you can apply on the full area.
- Book a skin health check – At Skin Perfection London we can help you eliminate triggers, prescribe skincare to calm your skin and reduce inflammation. As well as recommend Clinical treatments which are effective to treat your condition.
- Photo facial skin rejuvenation – Intensed pulsed light treatments can improve skin tone. And skin texture for a range of conditions including redness, acne, rosacea with minimal downtime.
To learn more about your skin, and how to take better care of sensitive skin, why not visit us at the Clinic where my Expert team will look after you?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you will be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
Following your assessment your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan. During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy.
Contact our team today to book an appointment