Getting a big, red acne spot on your face or body, can happen to you at any time. Even if you’re not typically one who suffer from breakouts. Either way it doesn’t mean that you’ve to declare defeat and wait it out until the acne goes away. There are many different ways how you can get rid off your adult acne fast. But for successful treatment it’s important to consider the triggers. And understand what flares up your condition.
What causes acne?
Your oil glands are responsible to keep your skin moisturised and provide lubrication. However a combination of hormonal changes and stress can make your glands to produce too much oil. This leads to build ups. Which coupled with dead skin cells will block your pores. As a result pimples, inflamed spots or blackheads start to appear.
However it’s important to note that acne can occur on patients without an oily skin too. In this case acne happens after build up of dead skin cells in the pores. As a result this build up forms lumps on your skin. Bacteria can also build up and make your symptoms worse. To balance the dryness, your glands start producing more sebum.
How to get rid off acne fast?
Luckily there are a number ways you can reduce your chances of getting breakouts or control the amount of breakouts you’re getting. These are super easy and you can start implementing them right away;
- Avoid touching your face. I know you are tempted to pick your pimples, but if you do the chances of prolonged healing time and scarring increases.
- Go easy on make up. If you wear make up, make sure you never go to bed without cleaning your skin. And while we’re on the topic of make up, you should opt for mineral make up, that won’t clog your pores. Some brands like Colourscience contain active ingredients, that will penetrate to the deeper layers of your skin to aid healing. And treat your skin while still offering a good coverage.
- Implement a regular skincare routine. A consistent skincare routine will always be your best chance to prevent and treat acne and dry skin. However if you suffer from sensitivity, make sure that you select your skincare after careful consideration.
- Spot treat the stubborn spots. Besides avoid touching the face and consistent skincare you may still geta few stubborn spots time to time. For this you should pop a spot treatment in your bag that you can carry and treat on the go when needed.
- Review your diet. Since acne can be brought on by the combination of genetics and environmental factors, hormonal changes, stress and diet you should aim to avoid cow’s milk and whey protein, as they can be known to exacerbate acne and follow a low sugar diet.
To learn more about how to get rid off acne fast, why not visit us at the Clinic where my Expert team will be able to give your further tips and advice?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey here at Skin Perfection, London, we request that you attend a no-obligation consultation and skin analysis. This gives us the opportunity to analyse your skin and expose any skin conditions that surface in time that comes from the deeper layers that you may not see with the human eye. Based on the findings of our assessment your practitioner can recommend you the most beneficial treatment plan. During your first meeting with your practitioner we aim to provide you as much information and knowledge as you’ll need, about our procedures.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.