There’s been much hype about laser hair removal in recent years. And you must know a handful of people who’ve tried the treatment at least once. And who’ll also testify how amazing the treatment is. So let’s see why laser hair removal is the best?
Advanced laser hair removal
Laser hair removal has come a long way in the past years. With advancements in technology it is now suitable for all skin colours. No doubt laser hair removal is one of the most simple, fast and effective way of getting rid of unwanted facial and body hair. Without the ingrown hairs, redness, irritation, and fast re-growth laser is also more affordable than ever. Especially with Skin Perfection’s interest free finance plans. Not to mention when you calculate the cost of razors or waxing strips used in a lifetime laser beats the overall costs too. So can you imagine the extra time and money you would be saving?
How does laser work?
Laser destroys the hair by emitting a single concentrated light beam which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair. This light energy is then converted into heat that effectively ‘disables’ the hair growth.
Ayse Suleyman, Clinical Director and Founder, at Skin Perfection London, explains why laser hair removal is the best to remove your unwanted facial or body hair;
- Shaving, waxing, epilating and other forms of hair removal can be costly and time-consuming. And they can also irritate the skin, cause ingrown hairs. Also leave you with spots, bumps or scars.
- Laser hair removal is fast, simple and safe, removing excess hair without these unpleasant side effects.
- It’s recommended by doctors and the NHS as an effective treatment for hirsutism. Statistics show that after a full course of facial hair removal treatment (minimum six sessions recommended), between 60% and 95% of targeted hair will be reduced or permanently removed. For best results, we recommend an initial course of six to ten sessions. Plus top-ups where needed.
- IPL’s are commonly mistaken to be a laser even though it doesn’t technically contain a laser. It uses flash lamps that emit light making it less specific for hair removal. This general light may target various components of the skin such as, water, lymph and melanin in the hair, which means the hair isn’t its main target.
- A Medical grade laser is designed with direct wavelengths that specifically target the melanin in the hair. Which means its making the treatments more specific and effective. At Skin Perfection we’re using one of the most popluar lasers from the Medical Aesthetic Industry which is the Cynosure Elite. This specific laser combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755nm –Alexandrite laser and the 1064nm –Nd Yag laser, allowing our highly experienced pracitioners to adjust the laser specically to your skin type.
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective? How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And about the contraindications to the treatment. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at SP. Our highly trained and skilled aesthetic practitioners have many years of experience, so you can be confident you’re in the best hands. And, you can be sure, you’ll always have a stress-free relaxing experience.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.