Are you new to laser hair removal? Moreover not sure where to start? Besides choosing the safest laser for you the most important aspect to consider is where should you get laser hair removal? Laser hair removal is a medical procure that requires expertise and experience from the provider. Not only that but it should be safe for you to receive. However with more and more salons providing the treatment, the stories of botched procedures and adverse reactions are raising awareness that you shouldn’t take your choice lightly.
Where should you get laser hair removal? Ayse Suleyman, Clinical Director & Founder, at Skin Perfection, explains THE TOP 5 CRITERIA you should consider.
- Always enquire about the qualifications of your practitioner. Medical cosmetic laser devices should only be operated by a qualified and trained professional.
- Always question if the Clinic uses IPL or Laser.IPL’s commonly mistaken to be a laser; even though it doesn’t technically contain a laser. Unlike a laser, it uses flash lamps that emit light making it less specific for hair removal. This general light may target various components of the skin such as, water, lymph and melanin. Consequently this means the hair isn’t its main target.
- Do your research and opt for the most suitable laser for your skin type. A Medical grade laser is designed with direct wavelengths that specifically target the melanin in the hair. This makes the treatment more specific and effective. At Skin Perfection we’re using one of the most popular lasers from the Medical Aesthetic Industry – the Cynosure Elite. This laser combines two optimal wavelengths in one system. The 755nm –Alexandrite laser for patients with lighter skin tone. And the 1064nm –Nd Yag laser for patients darker skin tone.
- Always enquire about treatment protocols. And never do treatment without a skin test.Many of my patients who come to me from another Clinic encountered serious skin damage after being treated without a skin test. If patch test isn’t required it should be a very big red flag. This clearly indicates protocols aren’t in place or aren’t being followed.
- Choose an establishment regulated by a professional body. Special treatment license by the local council certifies the establishment to carry out specific skin and laser treatments in a safe and controlled environment. To qualify for the license the Company have to meet a number of safety regulations.
So which laser hair removal is the best?
The secret lies in the technology. Cynosure’s laser hair removal targets and destroys the hair cells responsible for hair growth without damaging the surrounding skin. The result is a smooth, hair-free skin that lasts. With the Cynosure Elite+, you’ve the flexibility to customize treatments to encompass all skin types. At the same time it’s a quick and easy way to permanently reduce your unwanted hair.
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective? How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And about the contraindications to the treatment. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.