How laser hair removal treatment works? What makes it so effective? Are you still unsure when it comes to laser hair removal? The word “laser” and “medical” somehow makes it this scary concept that reminds you of some sort of painful procedure? 20 years ago I had the same feelings about it, but once I understood why is it different from other hair removal methods and saw the life changing effects first hand, my doubts banished. Your laser hair removal journey should always start with a thorough understanding of the treatment itself.
How laser hair removal treatment works?
Laser works by emitting heat, that is picked up by the pigment in your hair and transported to the hair root. Here the light energy turns into heat energy. Which destroys the hair root preventing future growth. Sounds less scary right? And it is this simple. Laser hair removal has becomes one of the safest and most effective way of permanently reducing unwanted body and facial hair.
Is laser hair removal guaranteed to work for you?
In order for you receive an effective and safe treatment a number of factors should be considered.
- Yes, if your hair has pigment, however it will not be effective on white, grey or red hairs.
- Yes, if you attend your treatments regularly. For laser hair removal to be effective, your hair growth should be at a very specific stage of its growth. However not all your hair is growing at the same speed. This simply means we have to repeat your treatment regularly to capture these different growth cycles. For best results you should attend your facial laser treatments at every 4 weeks. And your body treatments at every 5-6 weeks.
- Yes, if you avoid sun exposure during your treatment course and avoid adverse reaction and burns. For the laser to be effective the pigment in your hair has to absorb the laser’s heat. As a result of sun exposure your pigment level increases. During the laser treatment this increased amount of melanin will absorb the laser. But may leak to the surface of the skin leaving you with burns. To keep your skin safe and to get the best result out of your treatment you’ll be encouraged to stay out of the sun for the duration of your treatment course.
- Yes, if you don’t suffer from underlaying medical conditions. Or not on medications that prevents you having treatments regularly – Certain medications ( antibiotics, antidepressants and prescription drugs) can cause photo sensitivity. You must inform your practitioner if you are taking any new medications.
- Yes, if you are treated with the most suitable laser for your skin type. Do your research and insist on treatment with the right laser. A Medical grade laser is designed with direct wavelengths to specifically targets the melanin in the hair. As a result your treatment will be more specific and more effective.
To learn more about laser hair removal and how it would be beneficial for you, why not book a free consultation with my Expert team, who will take care of you every step of the way.
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective? How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And what to be aware of before undergoing laser hair removal. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at SP. Our highly trained and skilled aesthetic practitioners have many years of experience, so you can be confident you’re in the best hands. And, you can be sure, you’ll always have a stress-free relaxing experience.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.