Have you been over indulging in the sun? Or used sun beds to keep up a golden tan during the winter months? But all of a sudden you’re noticing discolouration and pigmented patches appearing on your skin? Sun damage is real and it can take years before it shows up on your skin? So what are your options? What helps sun damaged skin?
What is sun damage?
When your skin is unprotected the sun’s heat will dry it out. And depletes the skin from its natural oils. Now those oils were meant to protect your skin. And keep it moisturised. On top of that the sun’s UV ( ultraviolet) radiation can burn your skin and cause long term changes in your skin’s structure. The most common types of sun damage include dry skin, sunburn and permanent changes to your collagen structure. In some cases sun damage can cause serious damage to your skin and even result in skin cancer.
What helps sun damaged skin?
- Laser photofacial skin rejuvenation improves skin tone and texture. The treatment has minimal downtime. It’s suitable for a range of conditions including sun damage, wide and localised areas of discolouration. And last but not least ageing skin.
- Laser pigmentation removal is a targeted laser treatment. It’s designed to remove superficial and deeper pigmentation. As well as sun damaged areas on the face, forehead, shoulders and arms.
- Skin peels or resurfacers help to improve skin texture. They’re suitable for a range of conditions. These conditions include pigmentation . In addition they’re available in different strengths with different downtimes according to your skin condition.
How to prevent sun damage?
- Apply a sunscreen before you go outside, even during the winter months!
- Limit the time you spend outside, especially during the peak hours
- Be aware that some medicines and skin care products can increase your skin’s risk of UV damage
To learn more about sun damage and how to prevent it happening to you, why not visit us at our Oxford Street clinic, in Central London? My Expert team will start with a thorough assessment of your skin.
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you will be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
Following your assessment a personalised treatment plan will be recommended to address your skin concerns. During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.