If you’ve ever had to deal with acne you know exactly what it can do to your self-confidence. So the thought of it spreading more may just sends chills down your skin. Did you know that acne can spread? That’s right. Acne can spread to not only to the face, but chest, shoulders and even the back. But the good news is that you can take steps to prevent acne. Or with existing breakouts stop them from spreading to other areas.
Why does acne occur?
Acne appears when pores or hair follicles get clogged by oil and dead skin cells. These result in the formation of comedones. Which then causes bacteria to grow, that leads to redness, spots and inflammation on your skin. The typical symptoms you know all so well.
Can acne spread?
Yes, acne spread especially if you touch or pick the lesions. By popping your pimples, the puss and bacteria can spill over from infected pores to the surrounding areas. Resulting in further breakouts. Not to mention you could also create acne scarring by popping and squeezing.
5 steps to prevent your acne spreading;
- Wash your face twice a day. To remove dirt, bacteria and excess oil it’s important that you adapt a consistent skincare routine. But go gentle! First you should wet your skin with luke warm water, then gently wash ( never over rub) your skin. Lastly rinse thoroughly and tap dry.
- Know your skin type. Understanding your skin will enable you to choose the right skincare.
- Keep your skin moisturised. Did you know that dry skin can cause breakouts? You should always keep your skin hydrated.
- Limit make up. Applying a heavy coverage can cause blockages in your pores that’ll aggravate your acne more. If you can, go natural, or opt for fragrance free mineral make up that’s not heavy or greasy.
- Avoid touching your skin. Your hands come into contact with surface bacteria throughout the day. And some of those pore clogging impurities may get transferred to your skin.
To learn more about your skin and how to prevent your acne spreading, why not visit us at our Oxford Street clinic, in Central London? My Expert team will start with a thorough assessment of your skin.
To learn more about your skin and how can you prevent acne why not visit us at the Clinic where my Expert team will be able to advise you further?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you’ll be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy. Finally to manage your skin concerns your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.