Acne is a very common and frustrating skin condition that can lead to scarring and pigmentation after the breakouts subsided. Will acne scarring and marks fade by themselves? They won’t fade on their own, but there are a number of ways you can treat them to lighten and reduce their appearance. Most of these treatments will take time and choosing them depends on the type of scarring you have. As well as understanding what caused them in the first place.
Type of acne scarring
Atrophic scars – broad, flat & shallow depressions in the skin. Their appearance can vary, but the three most common types are;
- Boxcar scars – they’re usually wider, deeper and have straight edges shaped like a box. They’re the result of widespread acne, chickenpox or itchy rashes.
- Icepick scars – they’re smaller, more narrow and deeper.
- Rolling scars – they’re vary in depth, with edges that make the skin appear uneven and wavy
Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation – After acne heals, it often leaves behind discoloured patches of skin. But these aren’t scars and in most cases they’ll resolve on their own with the use of consistent sun protection.
Treatment that will help you acne scarring fade
The good news is when it comes to removing acne scars you have a number of options, including in Clinic treatments, especially if you’re trying to diminish rolling, box scar or ice-pick scars.
During your Clinical treatment the main aim is to reduce the depth of your scars and try to even out your skin. Treatments that are suitable at this stage are;
- Laser skin rejuvenation/ skin resurfacing ( suitable for most skin types). In just one treatment you have a more youthful looking appearance with improved tone and texture of your skin. Achieve long lasting results without the pain or side effects associates with a more invasive surgery. Best al all, you’ll still look like you – only better.
- Chemical peels ( suitable for all skin types). Advanced skin peels penetrate the top, dead and damaged layers of skin to help reduce or completely remove the appearance of a number of skin conditions – even the more sensitive skin conditions such as acne, ingrown hair, redness, rosacea, scarring and sun damage.
- Medical Microdermabrasion ( suitable for all skin types). This treatment is a less superficial resurfacing procedure that removes the dead skin cells from your skin, unclog blocked pores and removes black heads while giving you a healthy, glowing complexion.
- Medical Microneedling ( suitable for all skin types). Microneedling is a rollering procedure that causes small needles to prick the skin. This punctures the skin and causes physical trauma. By causing trauma microneedling prompts the deeper layers of your skin to heal and rebuild. And also increases collagen production.
To learn more about the type of acne scarring you have and the best treatment to remove it; why not visit us at our award winning skin and laser hair removal clinic, in Central London?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you’ll be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy. Finally to manage your skin concerns your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.