Yes, acne scars are common post acne. If you suffer from pimples, you may be wondering what’s next for your skin? Will the breakouts go away completely? Or are they going to leave you with marks and scars? Are acne scars common or can you prevent them post breakouts?
Are acne scars common?
About 80% of people between the age of 11 and 30 experience acne, of whom 20% are left with post acne scarring. This can present in the form of scars or hyperpigmentation.
Although we know what increases your risk of getting scarring, it’s impossible to predict for certain if you will develop scarring for sure. Even if you’re a higher risk for scarring.
Who gets acne scars? And what increases your risk?
- If you have swollen, cystic acne that is deeper rooted, the likelihood of skin damage is higher
- Having inflammed acne spots that you are not treating effectively, the risk of developing scarring is much greater
- If you pick, squeeze and scratch your spots you’ll most definitely increase the risk of inflammation that will increase your risk of scarring
- And finally if scarring runs in the family, genetics can increase your risk too.
Treatments for acne scarring
Luckily scarring is a condition that can be treated, and even if in the most severe cases can’t be removed completely, but still the skin can be massively improved leaving you with a more even complexion and finer texture. These treatment options include;
- Laser skin rejuvenation/ skin resurfacing ( suitable for most skin types). In just one treatment you have a more youthful looking appearance with improved tone and texture of your skin. Achieve long lasting results without the pain or side effects associates with a more invasive surgery. Best al all, you’ll still look like you – only better.
- Chemical peels ( suitable for all skin types). Advanced skin peels penetrate the top, dead and damaged layers of skin to help reduce or completely remove the appearance of a number of skin conditions – even the more sensitive skin conditions such as acne, ingrown hair, redness, rosacea, scarring and sun damage.
- Medical Microneedling ( suitable for all skin types). Microneedling is a rollering procedure that causes small needles to prick the skin. This punctures the skin and causes physical trauma. By causing trauma microneedling prompts the deeper layers of your skin to heal and rebuild. And also increases collagen production.
To learn more about your skin and how can you treatment your scarring why not visit us at the Clinic where my Expert team will be able to advise you further?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you’ll be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
During your first meeting you’ll receive all the information and knowledge you’ll need to keep your skin healthy. Finally to manage your skin concerns your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.