Are you ready to get started with your laser hair removal journey? Once you made the decision, set your budget aside and ready to make the commitment; you want to maximise the effectiveness of each of your treatment. That way you can enjoy a smooth, hair free skin without any rashes, irritation and ingrowing hairs. So I’ve created a guide for you on how to get the best results with laser hair removal.
How to get the best results with laser hair removal?
- Opt for laser over IPL – No matter what the adverts are trying to sell, always do your research and ensure you choose a medical grade laser ( such as Cynosure, Candela or Soprano) over IPL ( intense pulsed light is not a laser).
- Choose the best laser for your skin type – To ensure you’ll have a safe and effective hair removal make sure you ask for the following wavelengths for your treatment. Alexandrite if you have a lighter skin tone and ND YAG if you have darker skin tone. Choosing the wrong wavelength/laser will not only put you at risk, but will hinder your treatment results. And could end up causing you stimulated hair growth.
- Avoid sun exposure ( this includes sun beds too) – While under going laser hair removal sun exposure is one of the main contra indications. Therefore you’ll be advised to keep out of the sun for the entire course of your treatment. This way we minimise the risk of adverse reactions and also will not delay your treatment intervals, ultimately getting better results.
- Attend your treatments regularly – make sure you attend your treatments at the recommended 4-6 weekly intervals to maximise the effectiveness of your treatments
- Inform your practitioner of any underlaying health conditions, hormonal imbalances or medical history so they can advise and ensure these will not effect your treatments.
- Stop waxing, plucking and epilating throughout your treatment course. This way the hair follicles remain in tact and will be targeted and killed by the laser successfully.
To discuss your suitability for laser and to learn more; why not contact my Expert team who’ll be able to give you further guidance?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective? How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And about the contraindications to the treatment. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at SP. Our highly trained and skilled aesthetic practitioners have many years of experience, so you can be confident you’re in the best hands. And, you can be sure, you’ll always have a stress-free relaxing experience.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.