After months and months of seeing laser hair adverts featuring perfectly glowing half naked bodies all over social media and the cover of magazines you’re finally tempted to give the treatment a go. But where to start? And where to get laser hair removal? There are thousands of different machines out there, with millions of clinics promising the perfect transformation. But can you trust the shiny ads and the forever lasting special sales?
Laser hair removal at a glance
Laser hair removal has become one of the safest, fastest and most permanent way of reducing your unwanted hair. The treatment is classed as medical grade, so the provider must have sufficient experience and an in depth knowledge of laser. But choosing the right machine and right Clinic will be crucial in order to get the best results for your money that you invested. We’re talking about the hard earned cash / savings which in our days mean more sacrifice than ever. So you don’t want to throw money out the window for treatments that will not work for you. Or worse that may even damage your skin. So let’s make sure your investment pays off and leaves you with nothing but a positive outcome all around.
Where to get laser hair removal? Here are my top tips for you when choosing your laser clinic:
- Choose a clinic that uses medical grade lasers. IPL is not a laser, whatever they will try to tell you to convince you otherwise. IPL aka Intense pulsed light will target various parts of the skin. Such as melanin, hair, lymph and water. Medical lasers only have one target and that’s your hair, hence why its so much more permanent. And also gives you superior results.
- Check what type of laser you are being offered. While everyone can have laser hair removal, not every laser will be suitable for all skin types. If you’ve a lighter skin tone your safe wavelengths are Alexandrite or Diode, or if you’ve a darker complexion the only safe laser for you will be the ND YAG.
- Always enquire what licences and credentials the Clinic is holding. Special treatment license by the local council certifies the establishment to carry out specific skin and laser treatments. All that in a safe and controlled environment , where the Company have to meet a number of safety regulations.
- Listen to what the existing patients are saying about the Clinic. Reading through patient reviews/ watch testimonials. Check out their social media profiles, how they communicate with their patients so you can get a sense of what to expect when becoming a patient.
- Make sure you receive a no obligations patch test before undergoing any laser treatment. Even if you had laser treatment in the past. A patch test is an indication as to how your skin may react to the treatment, therefore it;s super important that the Clinic provides you with this before any treatments.
At a reputable and established Clinic you’d never have to worry about these, but never let things slip just because of a tempting offer or a paid celebrity endorsement. Do your research and make sure the Clinic is the right fit for you. Don’t be shy to ask questions, challenge the practitioner and most importantly only sign up for the treatment if you feel safe and comfortable.
To find out if laser hair removal is suitable for you, why not book a consultation with my Expert team, who will take care of you every step of the way.
How to book your consultation and what happens during your first visit?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective?
How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And what to be aware of before undergoing laser hair removal. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at SP. Our highly trained and skilled aesthetic practitioners have many years of experience, so you can be confident you’re in the best hands. And, you can be sure, you’ll always have a stress-free relaxing experience.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.