What happens if you laser over tanned skin? Laser hair removal has become a popular choice for those looking for a long-term solution to unwanted hair. However, if you have tanned skin, you may be wondering how it affects the procedure. It most certainly will be an issue and may put you under the risk of getting an adverse reaction.
What happens if you laser over tanned skin?
Laser hair removal works by targeting the melanin in hair follicles. Tanned skin has increased melanin levels, which can make it more difficult for the laser to differentiate between the melanin in the hair and the skin. This can lead to a higher risk of complications during the procedure.
What are the potential reaction of laser over tanned skin?
- Burns: The laser may target the melanin in the skin rather than the hair follicle, leading to burns or blisters. This risk is higher in tanned skin due to the increased melanin content.
- Hyperpigmentation or Hypopigmentation: Changes in skin color can occur if the laser’s energy is absorbed by the skin rather than the hair follicle. These changes may be temporary or permanent, depending on the individual and treatment.
- Ineffective Treatment: Tanned skin can make it harder for the laser to target hair follicles effectively, resulting in less successful hair removal.
Safe laser hair removal each time
- Avoid tanning before treatment. It’s essential to avoid sun exposure, tanning beds, and self-tanners for at least six weeks before your laser hair removal appointment. This will help reduce the risk of complications and increase treatment effectiveness.
- Choose the right clinic. Select a reputable laser hair removal London clinic with experienced practitioners who understand how to adjust the laser settings for different skin tones, ensuring safe laser hair removal.
- Follow aftercare instructions. Proper aftercare is crucial to minimise the risk of complications. Your practitioner should provide detailed instructions on how to care for your skin after treatment.
Laser hair removal on tanned skin can pose potential risks. By avoiding tanning before treatment, choosing a reputable laser hair removal London clinic, and following the recommended guidelines, you can help ensure a safe and effective procedure.
To learn more please contact my expert team who will be able to offer you guidance through a safe laser hair removal process.
How to book your consultation and what happens during your first visit?
As the first step of your hair removal journey at Skin Perfection London, we request that you attend a no obligations consultation and skin test. Firstly, this gives you the opportunity to learn more about the process. How does laser hair removal work? Why is it effective?
How many treatments you need? What’s the best laser for your skin type? How to prepare your skin for the treatment? And what to be aware of before undergoing laser hair removal. Finally to confirm suitability we’ll carry out a quick patch test.
We are looking forward to welcoming you at SP. Our highly trained and skilled aesthetic practitioners have many years of experience, so you can be confident you’re in the best hands. And, you can be sure, you’ll always have a stress-free relaxing experience.
Ready to enjoy smooth, hair-free skin every day without the hassle of shaving or waxing? - Laser Hair Removal Newsletter
Join our laser hair removal community! Subscribe to our monthly newsletter now and gain access to the latest advancements, tips, and exclusive offers on laser hair removal treatments. Be the first to know, be the best to choose. Learn more and let your journey towards a smoother you begin here! Click ‘Sign up’ now and let’s make hair-free the new carefree.
Or if you are ready to meet my team in person and would like to learn more about laser hair removal – Click here to book an appointment through our online diary.