Which are the good skincare products?And which one you should never skip? The typical first question I get from my patients is regarding their facial skincare products. When it comes to skin care the temptation is instant. You are looking at pretty packaging and attractive marketing language that promises firm, plump, youthful and flawless skin. But the secret lies in the ingredients!
Knowing the right ingredients will allow you to choose the most effective skin products for your skin. Saving you time, money and breakouts later down the line.
But understanding the ingredients feels like you are reading a foreign language. And trust me I know this first hand. To help you through the medical jargon and pages of confusion I have listed:
THE TOP 5 SKIN CARE INGREDIENTS everyone should be using on a daily basis:
1. Alpha-Hydroxy Acid ( AHA) – Water soluble acid made from sugary fruits. You are more likely to know them as LACTIC AND GLYCOLIC ACID – Exfoliates and brightens your skin. It breaks down the glue that bonds together the dead skin cells. So they can peel away leaving you with new and evenly pigmented skin. I recommend AHA if you are concerned about ageing, such as fine lines and wrinkles. But if you have pre-existing skin conditions and sensitive skin keep reading and I will cover your options below.
2. Beta -Hydroxy Acid ( BHA) – SALICYLIC ACID – Oil soluble exfoliant that goes deep into your pores to clear acne and blackheads. I recommend BHA if you have sensitive, acne prone skin. As Salicylic acid is anti- inflammatory it helps to calm your skin and minimise redness.
When your skin is hydrated, lines and wrinkles appear diminished, leaving you with a youthful complexion.
3. Hyaluronic Acid ( HA) – Naturally produced by your body. But thanks for the ageing and environmental factors the amount of HA in your body tends to drop by time. However it’s key to maintain hydration in the skin. So it feels and looks healthy and hydrated.
4. Retinol – The beauty ingredient of our decade. Retinol is one of the most effective anti-ageing form of Vitamin A. By stimulating collagen production, it will rejuvenate your skin. Also helps to speed up skin cell turnover leaving you with a newer, brighter skin. As well as delivering a younger looking skin, it can improve darks spots, pores and wrinkles.
5. Vitamin C – Known as one of the best anti-ageing ingredient on the market. Vitamin C is key to maintain a smooth, even and glowing complexion. Not only safe for everyone, but also hydrating, brightening, reduces redness and helps to fade hyperpigmentation. It promotes collagen production, reduces the appearance of under eye circles, soothe sun burn and protects against sun damage – in one word a MUST for everyone.
To learn more about your skin and which skin care products you should use, why not visit us at the Clinic where my Expert team will look after you?
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your skin journey at Skin Perfection, you will be invited to attend a no obligations consultation. This will give you the opportunity to get a good understanding of your skin.
Following your assessment your practitioner will recommend you a personalised treatment plan. During your first meeting you will receive all the information and knowledge you will need to keep your skin healthy.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.