Laser hair removal has come a long way in the past years, with advancements in technology making it suitable for all skin colours. No doubt laser hair removal is one of the most simple, fast, and effective ways of getting rid of unwanted facial and body hair. Without the ingrown hairs, redness, irritation, and fast re-growth laser is also more affordable than ever ( not to mention when you calculate the cost of razors or waxing strips used in a lifetime laser beats the overall costs too, so can you imagine the extra time and money you would be saving?) with Skin Perfection’s interest-free finance plans.
How does laser work?
Laser destroys the hair by emitting a single concentrated light beam which is absorbed by the pigment in the hair, this light energy is then converted into heat energy and this effectively ‘disables’ the hair growth.
Ayse Suleyman, Clinical Director and Founder, at Skin Perfection London, explains why you should be choosing a medical-grade hair removal laser over other hair removal methods:
- Shaving, waxing, epilating and other forms of hair removal can be costly and time-consuming. They can also irritate the skin, cause ingrown hairs, and leave you with spots, bumps or scars.
- Laser hair removal is fast, simple, and safe, removing excess hair without these unpleasant side effects.
- It’s recommended by doctors and the NHS as an effective treatment for hirsutism (excess facial hair growth in women)Statistics show that after a full course of facial hair removal treatment (recommended minimum six sessions), between 60% and 95% of targeted hair will be reduced or permanently removed. For best results, we recommend an initial course of six to nine sessions, plus top-ups where needed.
- IPL’s are commonly mistaken to be a laser even though it does not technically contain a laser. It uses flash lamps that emit light making it less specific for hair removal. This general light may target various components of the skin such as, water, lymph, and melanin in the hair, which means the hair is not its main target.
- A Medical grade laser is designed with direct wavelengths that specifically target the melanin in the hair, making the treatments more specific and effective. At Skin Perfection, we are using one of the most popular lasers from the Medical Aesthetic Industry which is the Cynosure Elite. This specific laser combines two optimal wavelengths in one system: the 755nm –Alexandrite laser and the 1064nm –Nd Yag laser, allowing our highly experienced practitioners to adjust the laser specifically to your skin type.
How to book an appointment?
As the first step of your hair removal journey here at Skin Perfection, London, we request that you attend a no-obligation consultation and patch test. This gives us the opportunity to analyse your skin type, hair type and estimate how many treatments you may require for your specific concern. During your first meeting with your practitioner we aim to provide you as much information and knowledge as you will need, about your laser hair removal treatment.
Laser hair removal is a life-changing procedure, giving thousands of people in the UK more confidence in their appearance, as well as being a convenient way to permanently reduce unwanted hair. Our laser hair removal reviews are a testament to our performance in this field and the safe, effective treatments we perform, every day.
Contact our team today to book an appointment.